When you grow up in a town where the big names in music almost never come, you might want to change that. That’s exactly what Ithaca-natives X Ambassadors are doing. On September 22 & 23, 2017, the small town is being bombarded with eclectic, cutting edge, and daring musicians from all over the world including: The Roots, K.Flay, The Knocks, and Tei Shi. These groundbreaking bands will share the spotlight for the first ever Cayuga Sound Festival.
The main event for the Cayuga Sound Festival happens on Saturday, September 23 at Stewart Park in Ithaca. General Admission Tickets are $59.50 and VIP tickets are $209.50. Children 5 and under are free.
Doors open at 11am, and the music begins at noon. Bands will play throughout the day on two stages situated right next to each other – the Main Stage and the Lake Stage.
- 12:00-12:30pm Imperials – Lake Stage
- 12:30-1:00pm Stone Cold Miracle – Main Stage
- 1:00-1:30pm Izzy True – Lake Stage
- 1:30-2:10pm Jukebox the Ghost – Main Stage
- 2:10-2:40pm Sammus – Lake Stage
- 2:40-3:20pm Margaret Glaspy – Main Stage
- 3:20-3:50pm Crush Club – Lake Stage
- 3:50-4:35pm The Knocks – Main Stage
- 4:35-5:10pm Savoir Adore – Lake Stage
- 5:10-5:55pm K.Flay – Main Stage
- 5:55-6:40pm Tei Shi – Lake Stage
- 6:40-8:00pm X Ambassadors – Main Stage
- 8:25-10:00pm The Roots – Main Stage
Food will be available for an additional price – highlighting chefs and local food from across the region. Gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan food options will be available. The official brew of the festival is Ithaca Beer’s Cayuga Sounder IPA, which will be available for purchase for those 21 and up. Wine and non-alcoholic beverages will also be available.
What’s Allowed at Cayuga Sound Festival
- Empty, reusable, and sealed water bottles are permitted into the festival. There will be filtered drinking water throughout the festival to refill bottles.
- No outside food, drink, or coolers allowed.
- Blankets, collapsible lawn chairs, and umbrellas are permitted.
- Sunscreen and/or rain gear is suggested.
- Polaroid, cell phone, and point and shoot digital cameras will be permitted.
- Professional photographers with SLR cameras with detachable lenses must get prior approval.
- Pets (except for documented service animals), fireworks, glass containers, explosives, weapons, and illegal substances are prohibited.
Cayuga Sound’s VIP Experience
The VIP experience includes some serious swag for an extra $150.
The first VIP bonus is an exclusive dinner the night before the festival at Ithaca Beer, with an acoustic performance by X Ambassadors, and admission to Friday night shows at the The Haunt and The Dock. It also includes a festival t-shirt and a limited edition tote bag with Ithaca merchandise.
On the day of the festival, VIP ticket holders will have a VIP bar and viewing area, VIP reserved parking, and bathrooms, plus a private entrance lane for quicker entrance.
Separate from Saturday’s big festival, Cayuga Sound will host two parties in town on Friday, September 22, 2017.
The Dock will host the Official Cayuga Sound Festival Pre-party with some of Ithaca’s most exciting local talent including Namarah, The Miserable Genius, No Comply, Tender Crunch, and Beau Mahadev.
The Haunt will also host an Official Cayuga Sound Pre-Party featuring Jukebox the Ghost, The Blind Spots, and Mail the Horse.
Tickets for both official, pre-parties must be purchased separately from the general admission festival tickets. VIP ticket holders have access to both parties.
And, over at the Ithaca Marriott Downtown, those holding a festival ticket or valid student ID can attend a Cayuga Sound Talk Series with two talks. Live Music and Its Impact on the World runs from 10:30-11:30am. From Ithaca to the Billboard Charts – The X Ambassadors Story runs from 12-1pm. Seating is limited and only available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Stewart Park is located at 1 James L Gibbs Drive, Ithaca, NY.
- Rain or shine event.
- Parking at the local high school will be available with shuttle service to the festival grounds, or ticket holders can bike or walk a waterfront trail from lots near The Haunt and The Ithaca Farmers Market.
- Hotels for Hope is the official hotel partner for the festival, and $2 from every, actualized room night is donated to nonprofits impacting, and improving, the lives of children worldwide.
- Other accommodations can be found at Visit Ithaca.
- Official hashtag is #CayugaSound.